I’m very lucky that I live a stones throw away from where I work. Not only can I cook on my lunch hour, but I usually go out for supplies and occasionally start prep for dinner.
Recently I’ve been making omelettes for lunch. Starting with a couple of eggs you can pile pretty much anything you fancy into them and you’ve got a tasty nutritious meal in minutes.
This recipe was a real cobble together of whatever I could find in the fridge, but it turned out great!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tine new potatoes
- 1 spring onion
- Shredded carrot
- Scotch bonnet - as much as you like!
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- 1tsp Coconut oil
- Add coconut oil to a warm frying pan, followed by the potatoes. Season them well.
- Chop up all your veg any way you like and after the potatoes have been cooking for 5 minutes add them
- Whisk up 2 eggs, chop the spring onions and combine. Lightly season this too
- Depending on how you like your veg, cook accordingly and when they are to your liking add the eggs
- Cheddar cheese on next and when the egg starts to come away from the side of the pan pop the whole thing under a hot grill
- Cook until the eggs is how you like it and serve and go as crazy as you like with the Sriracha!